Www.nbi-clearance.com: NBI Clearance is an important document if you want to apply for a job (for a work permit) or abroad in any government office. An NBI clearance is a background check on an individual’s criminal record, civil status, and personal history. The NBI can do this without having to contact another government agency. The NBI Clearance can perform NBI Clearances for both citizens and foreigners residing in the Philippines.
NBI clearances are usually required by embassies, schools, or employers of the applicant’s destination country. Employers generally require an NBI clearance if they are hiring Filipino employees who need to travel abroad. Schools usually request one if they are accepting students from foreign countries. Many Filipinos who intend to go overseas often ask us if they can use a copy of their parents’ or siblings’ NBI Clearance as a replacement. They also inquire whether it would be faster to personally secure one from the NBI Main Office in Manila instead of getting one from their local branch.
If you want an NBI Clearance from your home province, you can save time if you go to the agency’s local branch. Filling up forms and getting a queue number can take hours, especially during peak seasons. This process can be done online through the NBI Clearance official website.
- What is an NBI Clearance?
- NBI Clearance Online Application
- How to Apply for NBI Clearance Online?
- NBI Clearance Account Login
- NBI Clearance Renewal Online
- NBI Clearance eServices
- NBI Contact Information
- Helpful Video Guide: NBI Clearance Online
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get NBI clearance?
- Can I get an NBI clearance Online?
- How long does it take to process my NBI clearance?
- How much is the payment for NBI clearance?
- Can I go to NBI earlier than my appointment?
- What happens if I miss my scheduled appointment?
- Can I ask someone else to get my NBI clearance if I cannot come personally?
- Is a walk-in allowed in NBI clearance?
- Is NBI clearance open on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays?
- Why was my application rejected?
- Can I get my NBI clearance in one day?
- Is police clearance needed for NBI clearance?
- How long is the validity of NBI clearances?
- How long will it take to renew NBI clearance?
- Can I claim my NBI clearance in any branch?
- What are the requirements for Senior Citizen’s NBI Clearance?
What is an NBI Clearance?
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) is an agency under the Department of Justice responsible for fighting crime and enforcing law nationwide. It is the Philippines’ equivalent of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation or Britain’s Scotland Yard. What most people don’t know, however, is that they also issue clearances for Filipino citizens who are leaving the Philippines to work, travel or reside abroad.
NBI Clearance Online Application
The NBI Clearance Online Application is a process that the National Bureau of Investigation has developed to reduce the time spent by applicants when applying for an NBI Clearance. The process takes around 14 days from application to issuance of clearance if all requirements are met.
Applicants must read instructions carefully to avoid submitting incorrect information and going through a tedious validation procedure if they could not meet all requirements for an NBI Clearance application.
NBI Clearance Philippines Requirements
You need any of the following two government-issued IDs to apply for NBI Clearance:
- PRC card
- PSA-issued birth certificate
- Voter’s ID
- PhilHealth ID
- TIN ID
- Driver’s license
- An old copy of NBI Clearance
- Postal ID
- School ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Senior Citizen ID
- Police clearance
Note: Non-Government issued IDs such as Company IDs and Barangay Clearance are NOT ACCEPTED as Valid IDs for NBI clearance application. Additionally, a Barangay Certificate is required for First Time Job Seekers availing of the free service under RA 11261.
How to Apply for NBI Clearance Online?
Following is the process to get an NBI Clearance online:
Step 1: NBI Clearance Online Registration
This is the first step in filing your NBI Clearance Philippines online, where you will be asked to create an account. Here are the steps on how to register for an account:
- Visit the NBI Clearance official website at www.nbi-clearance.com/ https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/.
- You can see the registration section on the site.
- Do you have an NBI Clearance issued from 2014 to the present? You need to select Yes or No option.
- Then, you need to provide some information such as First name, surname, mobile number, date of birth, and NBI ID Number.
- After entering all the above details, click the “Proceed” button.
- Then follow the procedure to complete your profile and set a password for your account.
- You can check How to Apply for NBI Clearance Registration article for detailed registration guide.
Step 2: NBI Clearance Online Appointment
Once you have an account, the next step is to schedule a date and time for your NBI Clearance.
The following steps will guide you through scheduling a date and time:
- Go to www.nbi-clearance.com.
- Fill up the form as instructed, then click on “SCHEDULE.”
- You will receive an email from the NBI Clearance Online System with your scheduled date and time.
- You have three (3) days to go to their office for fingerprinting to complete your application process. Book a slot at least a day before in advance if you cannot find a schedule on your scheduled appointment date, so you will have another chance to schedule an appointment.
Step 3: Payment of Fees
The last step is the payment phase, where you will be asked to pay specific fees either online or through vouchers that can be obtained at Bayad Centers, SM Stores, SSS/GSIS Offices, LBC branches nationwide etc. Online payment is highly recommended since it saves more time than making voucher payments nationwide at their office or Bayad Centers.
NBI Clearance Account Login
After successful processing of your application form, you can log in to your NBI Account to check the status of your NBI Clearance or fees payment online. Following are the steps to login NBI Clearance Online Philippines account:
- Visit the NBI Clearance Philippines Official Website at www.nbi-clearance.com.
- Here you can see the Sign In section on the top of the site.
- You need to enter your email (associated with your NBI account) and password.
- After entering login credentials, click the “SIGN IN” button to access your NBI Clearance account.
NBI Clearance Renewal Online
Is your NBI Clearance expired? Don’t worry; you can renew it online in a few steps and get it delivered to your home. Following are the steps to renew your NBI Clearance Philippines online:
- Visit the NBI Clearance Official Website at www.nbi-clearance.com.
- Click the “Click Here” button under the NBI Clearance online renewal option.
- Now, you need to fill up some information, such as Old NBI ID, Mobile Number (For SMS notification), First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, and Birthdate (MM/DD/YYYY).
- After that, click the “Verify” button.
- Now, you will receive an SMS about the number of days your request for NBI Clearance renewal is active. If you want to complete your NBI Clearance Renewal, click the “Renew” button below.
- After clicking the “Renew” button, you need to fill up information like Address (where you want to direct your NBI Clearance), Email, and Phone Number.
- You also have the option to select the type of payment for your NBI Clearance renewal: (1) Payment via Bayad Center (2) Payment via SM (Shoe Mart) Store (3) E-Wallet, or (4) Cash Payment.
- After filling up the payment information, click the “Pay” button to complete your NBI Clearance renewal request.
Note: Don’t forget to print your NBI Clearance for future use.
NBI Clearance eServices
- NBI Clearance Online Verification
- First Time Jobseekers
NBI Clearance Online Verification
After successful submission of your NBI Clearance Philippines Application form and payment, you can proceed to verify your NBI Clearance by providing your NBI ID Number. To go to the website:
- Visit the NBI Clearance Official Website at www.nbi-clearance.com.
- Click the “NBI Clearance Online Verification” button. A popup will open.
- You need to enter your NBI Clearance ID number.
- After entering the required information, click the “Verify” button to check the status.
First Time Jobseekers
If you are a first-time jobseeker, the government has made it easier to apply for your NBI Clearance through the https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/ site. This is to improve further security of citizens applying for Identification Documents; this new feature aims at decreasing the number of under-aged individuals who have already obtained NBI Clearance/IDs in their early years.
Keep in mind the following things under Section 3 and Section 4 of RA 11261:
- You can get this privilege only one time and for a copy of clearance.
- You need to provide a duly issued Barangay Certificate from the place of your residence that will state that you are a first-time jobseeker and resident for at least six months.
- The Barangay Certificate can be used until one year from the date of issuance.
NBI Contact Information
Main Office Address
- NBI Building, Taft Avenue, Ermita
- Manila, Philippines 1000
- Telephone Numbers
- Trunkline: 8523.8231 to 38
- Fax: 8526.1216 • 8523.7414
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NBI Clearance Building
- United Nations Avenue, Ermita
- Manila, Philippines 1000
For NBI Clearance Inquiries
- Call Tel.: 8523.82.31 to 38 Local 5523, 5430 & 5509
- Call Tel.: 8524.12.77
- Call Tel.: 8522.87.88
NBI Clearance Delivery
- 6:00 am to 6:00 pm
Email Address: email@example.com
Helpful Video Guide: NBI Clearance Online
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get NBI clearance?
You may file your application online by registering as a user through this website or at any authorized NBI Clearance centers. If you want to apply online, then follow above listed steps.
Can I get an NBI clearance Online?
Yes, you can get an NBI clearance online through the https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/ website.
How long does it take to process my NBI clearance?
The estimated turnaround time for the processing of your NBI clearance is seven (7) business days.
How much is the payment for NBI clearance?
The current fee for a single NBI clearance is Php 155.00 (PHP 130 plus PHP 25 system fee for the e-payment service), but this amount varies depending on the purpose of your application or transaction with NBI. For more information on fees, visit the NBI official website.
Can I go to NBI earlier than my appointment?
No, you cannot. Please comply with the schedule as no one will be accommodated outside the scheduled appointment/time. Appointment schedules are put to avoid any inconvenience or delay in processing your application.
What happens if I miss my scheduled appointment?
The NBI has a strict policy of having walk-in clients only once a day that will be entertained starting at 8:00 am., 10 minutes before the office opens. If you miss your appointed date, you need to schedule again, so you do not have to go through the long process of lining up.
Can I ask someone else to get my NBI clearance if I cannot come personally?
Yes, as long as they have a valid ID with photo and signature and will be accompanied by a legitimate applicant who will sign the corresponding Information Sheet for Agent/Attorney/Proxy Appointment form.
Is a walk-in allowed in NBI clearance?
Yes. However, applicants are advised to schedule their appointment to process their transactions faster and avoid long queues.
Is NBI clearance open on Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays?
No. The NBI Clearance Center is open Monday through Friday, except for holidays.
Why was my application rejected?
This may be because the name on your application form does not match your ID. Please check the correct spelling of your first and last name, address (correct house no. or lot no.), birth date (day, month, and year), height, eye color, and civil status as indicated in your most recent issued ID.
Can I get my NBI clearance in one day?
The NBI clearance processing time is one working day for walk-in applicants and 3 to 5 working days for online applications. However, they always prioritize urgent cases such as travel.
Is police clearance needed for NBI clearance?
No, but if you have any derogatory records, please bring a copy of the police clearance.
How long is the validity of NBI clearances?
NBI clearances are valid for one year from the date of issue.
How long will it take to renew NBI clearance?
It will take approximately 3 to 5 working days to process a renewal of NBI Clearance.
Can I claim my NBI clearance in any branch?
Yes, you may claim your NBI clearances at any branch nationwide.
What are the requirements for Senior Citizen’s NBI Clearance?
Applicants should be at least 60 years old and present an original copy of the Senior Citizen ID (if available). If no Senior Citizen ID, the applicant should submit two valid IDs with a photo and signature.
The NBI Clearance is one of the most important documents that you will ever receive in your life. It might be required when applying for a job, flying abroad, or even enrolling in certain schools. And it can only be acquired by following the steps above.
For more information on NBI Clearance Online, like the complete list of fees, which countries require it for visa application, and where you can get your NBI Clearance, visit at Nbiclearance.today.